Search This Blog

2.15.2011

Cycles Of The Sun

Have you noticed the sun is setting later?  I did.  The other day.  I realized that it was 5:03pm and it was still light out.  I never notice it as much when it creeps up on me like that.  I guess it's like anything else...we are less likely to notice the difference when the changes are slow and progressive.  It made me feel hopeful and reminded me that we are now through the deadest part of winter.  Our hibernation is almost over.  Spring is on its way.  Soon the copious amounts of snow on the ground will melt away and we will be able to see grass again.  All these thoughts send little shock waves of excitement through me when I start to envision the changes that come with springtime.



What does the change in sunset and sunrise remind you of?  Does it change the way you're feeling?  Are you too busy to notice?



2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO Loving the Sun giving us more of his time! LOL... Even my kids mentioned how it's not dark when they get home from school now! It's been a long winter for us all!
    I always feel so elated when Spring comes back around....planning what, where & when to start planting all those goodies....herbs, tomatoes, corn, peppers.... Yum, yum, yum!!! :D Oh-geeze, now I'm hungry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subtle changes in the seasonal cycles are inspiring to me! I look forward to the springtime changes that are soon ahead!

    ReplyDelete