Search This Blog

2.20.2011

Alternative Recycling

Did you know you can recycle your old sneakers?

Overabundance of sneakers? Recycle them! 
I don't ususally read the newspaper.  However, while kicking around at my aunt's today I picked it up to browse.  I came across an article about recycling your old sneakers.  I am all about recycling.  Anything I can do to reduce the ever-growing landfill makes me feel good.


Nike has a program called reUSE A SHOE that reuses every part of the sneaker.  It's separated into three sections: rubber, foam, and fabric.  Each section is ground up and used for athletic surfaces.  The rubber will become running tracks, the foam tennis courts, and the fabric basketball courts .  Nike calls these surfaces The Grind.  I think that's pretty cool.  How come I have never heard of this?  There is a list of drop-off locations, but if you're in my area, the closest location is in Wrentham, MA at the Nike outlet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment